Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Yup.....it's Monday......

Monday sucks. 
(So much so that this didn't post yesterday for some reason so here it is today.....)

Period. 

If Monday were a person it'd be my ex-wife, three specific ex-girlfriends one of which stabbed me and the lunch lady at my grade school Mrs.Kelmp all rolled into one yucky lump.

So today, in the midst of trying to get some stuff done, detail shop Daryl from the down the building comes in and says "You know the sign fell over?"......




....spiffy.......




We've been having some really high winds (for here at least), the airport which is just across the street said 70mph+ gusts at one point. Apparently the sign for the building wasn't up to the stress and the two 4x4s that made up the base of the thing...snapped off at the ground.

Well....that both sucks AND blows, neither in the good way.
Note; up near what was the top of the sign laying on the lawn.......yessireebob! Those are my expensive programmable LED signs, the one on top is probably ok. Seems to function but I haven't opened it up to check for cracked boards. The other one, the one on the bottom......yeah that one (the one incidentally that took all the force of the structure hitting the ground).....not so much. The only thing that kept it from exploding into a bajillion fragments is the fact that the ground is squishy-muddy from all the rain. That allowed it to punch a little cartoon style outline of itself into the grass, merely bending a 20* kink in the led sign, tearing three mounts out, crushing the end cap into plastic powder and letting loose all the little rattly things so they can frolic about inside.

Not shown in this pic however would be the 40mph winds still blasting, the sideways rain of doom and me standing in 18" of scummy mucky drain water (there's actually a run-off pit cropped out of the pic) trying to get my mashed electronics off the downed carcass. In the rain. Did I mention there was still wind too? I did? Oh.......

Yep, it's Monday for another 5 hours and change.

I could care less if her name is Monday...

Her name may well BE Monday.......
I'm almost certain her name is Monday....maybe......




5 comments:

  1. I had a mental image of you picking up the sign, and inside the "cartoon style outline of itself in the grass"... it said "Ouch!"
    Sorry, I had to giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More about the stabbing incident....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @redbird: Not so much picking up occurred, that sign weighs ~600lbs plus water logging for another couple hundred. I used a 10' long 2x6 as a lever. Giggle all you want, someone should get some pleasure out of it.....

    @TMK: Ha! Yeah, she was.....well, she was a unique person. I bear her 3" scar .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youch! 600+lbs?!
    But the pic is just yay big... (holds fingers about "that" far apart!)

    "March, in like a Lion, out like a Lamb"

    Hopefully it'll quiet down for y'all soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope so....heavy fucker is still laying there. It's been raining hard and under 40* almost the entire time it's been down. I'm cut from hardy stock but if I can avoid getting frozen muddy and miserable I will. Probably gonna have to drag it out with the truck this afternoon though....yay

    ReplyDelete