Thursday, March 15, 2012

Statistics.....

I don't worry too much about the stats for this blog, but now and again I do look and did so today because it's lunch time and I'm bore. Ramen just doesn't hold the attention like it did when I was a kid.....

I have a viewer from Finland.

Finland. How cool is that? I confess, I don't know much about the place so I took a quick look via the highly accurate information source that is the internet and learned a few things that I think is important to know about.

1) It's really hard to figure out how to pronounce location names....
Tampere, Turku, Oulu, Jyväskylä, Lahti and Kuopio.

2) In traditional Finnish the place is called Suomi...also causing face cramps in non-native speakers like myself.

3) There aren't too many folks living there, most of them in the south...because it's a friggin' icebox in Finland....colder up top.

4) The have a gulf. It's called the Gulf of Finland, a concise and appropriate if somewhat uninspired moniker. Mexico slacked off too...

5) They got sucked into the Russian Empire from 1809 to 1917 at which point they said 'Piss off comrade' (translation to come shortly). The Swedes held sway there as well on a couple occasions. Squatters.....

6) Sauna. They kinda of invented it. Remember it's cold there a lot? Yeah, what better than to strip off the bear skins and hang out with other nekid folk in a dark steamy box. Pretty fun if you get the chance to have a sauna with folks who aren't gonna freak out at he sight of my pasty white butt.

7) Finnish women, like all women from the Scandinavian snowy north are incredibly hot, nubile, blond and only wear lingerie.


That's really all you have to know about Finland as far as I can tell but there's some other stuff that might be of use:
 


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland

A foreigners guide to Finland

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Finland




I guess one of them is brunette......

Apparently Finnish women love the kitty too....

No comments:

Post a Comment