Wednesday, March 21, 2012

No really....motorcycle stuff DOES get done here....

I've been catching some flak for not posting updates to the Sakura build or the 920 more regularly, but I really have been up to my neck with customer work which is a bit of a double edged sword. One one hand, it pays the bills and lets me do something fun now and again, but...after 12-14 hours in the shop I find myself more apt to go home and play Skyrim or just decompress. 

Here's one I've been working on for my pal Jordan. It's pretty rad and going to be a helluva calling card for HOMAGE and for his particular vision. Jordan has an eye for the high-end, and finding it where others might not look. This one will be a stunner.

After grinding, this frame kinda has a 'fabricated' look to it. I didn't try to get too wacky knocking stuff off, just got rid of useless tabs and smoothed out some 'built on a Friday' factory welds. I think you have to be a bit of a fab-nerd to appreciate it but I can happily stare at a tidy frame and appreciate said tidiness. This is a good looking frame.
First cut getting ready to happen. The wood and central clamping at the back along with the swingarm's lower adjustment tower allowed me to tweek the pivot tube to level by turning in or out the clamping nuts. Didn't take much and now the ends are as close to square as I can manage. I can manage pretty damned close!

Another view of the setup....














The scary "BANSAI!" part......















And finally a mockup this morning for the customer to chew on. Shown here in what would be the unloaded stance, figure for a couple inches of sag to settle the bike into riding position. Looks goooooood!









There will be much, MUCH more on this one in the days and months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment