Friday, September 30, 2011

OSSA/YANKEE 1000cc 2-stroke monster.....

I love obscure (to me) bikes, anything weird or odd or unusual. Or just plain monstrous.....with that I'd like to show you one I just learned of myself....

There was a long familial connection between Ossa and the American upstart Yankee Motorcycles. The Yankee twin cylinder 2-stokes were based on a pair of Ossa singles crammed together rudely.


This is at first glance a fairly typical for the time race bike. It's all purpose and anger. Oh....and 1000ccs worth of 4-cylinder 2-stroke psychosis. Gimme......




That's a lot of 2-stroke fury staring back'atcha.....


"Umm.....Fernando....perhaps some brake development is in order......" All joking aside, this pic was taken moments after the rider one Mr.Cufi died from a high-speed collision with a tree.
Nifty tip-up body work...

No comments:

Post a Comment